Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Giovanni Shine of the Times shine spray review

Sorry guys, my camera is being glitchy and I can't take pictures right now.

So I picked up Giovanni's Shine of the Times spray....it's supposed to be like a lightweight spray that does the same thing as Biosilk or Chi. I got it for 12 dollars at Walgreens.

Smell: There's a cheap plastic-y smell that dissipates as soon as your hair dries.

The nozzle was broken when I got it, so I guess the packaging wasn't very good. It was in a cute cube-shaped container, though.

The product is thin and not very oily, which is nice. It doesn't weigh my hair down. Although the instructions say to spray and then walk into the mist, the nozzle sprays in a straight line and doesn't really spray into a mist. So, I spray it onto my hands and rub it into my hair.

The product does leave my hair shiny, but I feel like it just sits on my hair. The shine only lasts about 2 hours, then my hair isn't shiny and just feels dirty. This could be because I work in a bakery and the flour floating around the air gets caught in my hair.

This product does what it is supposed to, although for only a couple hours. But it is worth the price, which is less than half the price of Biosilk and Chi, considering how much you get. It doesn't weigh down your hair or smell incredibly bad. It can be a bit difficult to find, though. My rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment