Sunday, April 28, 2013

TIGI Bed Head Superstar Volumizing Leave-In Conditioner review

I need to save my hair. I've bleached it, highlighted it, and then got so annoyed at the constant re-dying I had to do to keep up, that I dyed it back to brown. I rarely blow dry my hair, but I do like to heat style it because I love curls :-)
 
As a result, my hair is dry. No, wait, let me re-state that. My hair is weird. My roots get oily easily but my ends are extremely dry. To try to balance it out, I only shampoo the roots and I only condition the ends. I read somewhere that your hair gets washed anyway from when the shampoo gets rinsed out through the ends. I'm always, ALWAYS on the lookout for something that will restore my hair. My hair is also thick enough that when it gets long, I don't have much volume up top because it's so heavy. So, when I came about the Bed Head Volumizing Leave-In Conditioner, it was like YESSSS!!!
 



I got it at Ulta on clearance for about $6, but I think it retails for $11 - $18.
 
I read the reviews, some people raved about it and some people complained about the scent. It was on clearance, so why not?
 
I opened the bottle and sniffed it. Strawberries, ok, I can deal with that.
Then I sprayed it. Because I have so much hair, it took quite a few sprays. After the second spray, the smell was overwhelmingly horrible. Have you ever smelled rotten, fishy strawberries? This is what the conditioner smelled like. When it dried, the smell went away, but that took about 10 minutes. This smell is nauseating.
 
As for the conditioning effects, I saw none. My hair went limp, my roots went greasy, and my ends were still dry. Maybe I didn't use enough, but there was no way I was risking even more of that smell.
 
I thought it was just because my hair was too thick, so I gave it to Claudia. It didn't work for her either, and she hated the smell too.
 
Bad, bad product. My rating? 1/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment