Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review: Vassen Super Pinky Grey

I have a confession to make:
I'm addicted to colored contacts.
 
 
I do my research on each type I'm interested in, making sure to find pics of Asians wearing them (not including the pics on the actual website because, come on, those girls always look good) to check for size, opacity, etc. I have astigmatism so my eyes dry out faster than others do. Otherwise, these contacts usually work out well. Usually.
 
By the way, check with your eye doctor before you decide to try these contacts out.
 
 
Today's post is about my favorite pair, the Super Pinky Grey contacts. I bought them at HoneyColor. The diameter is 15mm, so they're pretty big. Here's the picture from the website:
 
Stunning right? I wanted a pair of grey contacts since I saw the second Xmen movie, with Lady Deathstrike.
 
These contacts are more silver than grey, which is MUCH better in my opinion.
 
 
That's me wearing them. They're big, you can barely see the whites of my eyes. They cover up my natural color (dark dark brown), but they show some slivers of brown to make it look more natural. The hole in the middle is big enough for me to see through, so no complaints. The best part is, I can't feel them in my eye. I wore them all day with no dryness. Woot!
 
Comfort: 10/10
Color: 10/10
Size: 8/10
 
They look almost robotic and up close you can see the design, so it's not really natural. That's probably why my mom hates them so much. But they're still my favorites and I think they look good with my skin tone and hair color.
 
If you ever buy contacts online, make sure you soak them in solution for at least 6 hours before wearing them. The solution they preserve the contacts in can irritate your eyes. And if you feel any irritation, TAKE THEM OUT! Safety first, y'all.
 
My rating? 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment