Monday, July 22, 2013

Milani Ruby Valentine lipstick review

So, I'm on the search for the perfect red lipstick. I want that deep burgundy one that won't make me look gothic or vampy. I want another fire engine, rich red one. The ones I've been picking up are blue-ish toned and not looking so good on me. I need ones that aren't so fuschia/cranberry.

This one seems to be ok. It's Milani's Color Statement Ruby Valentine lipstick, retailing for about 5 bucks at CVS. I like the color, very bright. It still has a bit of a purplish-pink hue to it, especially after it fades a bit. It goes on smoothly. It doesn't stain, and fades unevenly (patchy) after about 2 hours. Not very attractive, but I'm willing to reapply for 5 bucks worth of lipstick.

The casing is cute, and sturdy enough that I feel like the top won't come off in my bag and mess everything up inside.

The other available colors are very bright and poppy. Nothing for everyday wear, which I guess goes with the name of the line. I'm not sure the color in the advertisement (that's the picture I chose) really matches the true color. Nor does the color of the actual lipstick match the output.

My rating? 7/10. If only it came in the right red color.

No comments:

Post a Comment